Representing American Workers Since 1987
For well over 20 years, Jim Wright has concentrated his practice in the trial of complex cases involving medical and professional negligence, workplace and industrial accidents and product liability. He has tried dozens of cases in state and federal courts throughout West Virginia and Ohio and has also argued numerous appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and numerous appellate courts in the State of Ohio. Jim brings a unique skill-set to the firm having spent nearly two decades representing some of the largest manufacturing and energy companies in the country. He has a deep understanding of how companies and insurance carriers evaluate and litigate claims and how best to resolve or, if necessary, successfully present your injury case to a jury.
Jim is also a recognized leader in the profession, having served as President of the West Virginia State Bar and served on the State Bar's Board of Governors for 7 years. He has also taught as an adjunct lecturer/professor at the West Virginia University College of Business and Economics and also appellate advocacy at the West Virginia University College of Law.
- President, The West Virginia State Bar, 2012-2013
- Member, Board of Governors, The West Virginia State Bar, 2007-2014
- Fellow, West Virginia Bar Foundation
- Past Member, Governor's Judicial Vacancy Advisory Commission
- Past Member, Visiting Committee, West Virginia University College of Law
- Law Review, West Virginia University